Saturday, February 20, 2010

Flea Market Bargins

We are preparing to leave "The Valley" on Tuesday and head on over to Fort Myers Beach, Florida, where we plan to lay in the sand on the beach for a couple of weeks.

I realized that I had only brought one bathing suit from home, which is OK for an occasional dip in the pool or a hot tub quickie. However, one bathing suit just won't do for living on the beach for a couple of weeks. Carole also has only one bathing suit with her.

So we went off to a large local Flea Market looking for bathing suits.


I found three bathing suits for $8.00 each . . . three suits for a total of only $24.00! One made in China, one made in Indonesia, and one made in Bangladesh. I told Carole that they will probably dissolve in water . . . or turn blue in the pool. But at only $8.00 each, I guess they can be disposable. Any other bathing suit would have cost many times that much at a conventional store.









Carole only found one bathing suit she liked and it was only $10.00, but most of the women's suits had the tops in one place and the bottoms in another . . . and nothing matched. I think I discovered why . . . her top was made in China and the bottom was made in Indonesia. It would be pretty hard to coordinate tops and bottoms from two different countries!









I'm going back tomorrow to see if I can pick up a few beach towels as we also forgot to bring any of those with us.

After a few more trips for "Flea Market Bargains", we should be ready for the beach.

No comments: