Friday, February 19, 2010

Busy Day . . . for a Retired Person

The ice maker in the refrigerator/freezer in "The Bus" quit working last summer. I could hear it continuing to run, but it never made ice. I guess I was hoping it would cure itself . . . but it didn't. So when I had an RV Repairman out to "The Bus" to repair the hot water heater the other day, I asked him about the ice maker. He said it was shot and I needed a new one!


So today I removed it, ran down to a nearby RV Parts Store, picked up a new one, and installed it. Installation only took about 30 minutes. It was making ice in about an hour and has been dumping out ice cubes regularly since.











While I had the RV Repairman here, I also asked him how the ceiling exhaust fan in the bathroom could be removed. It was really dirty and I couldn't figure out how to get it out for cleaning. I was on a roll today, so I followed his instructions, removed it, cleaned it, and replaced it. I don't think anyone had ever cleaned that exhaust fan since "The Bus" left the factory . . . but it's sure clean now!








In the evening, we went to dinner with friends here in the Park, Jack & Bev Wolfe, from Manitoba, Canada. We led them to Carole's favorite restaurant, China Cafe, in McAllen. Carole sure loves Chinese food and tonight it was as good as usual.

Today was a "Busy Day . . . for a Retired Person"!

No comments: