Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Triple Celebration

Most of my family was out-of-town or otherwise busy on Sunday, the 21st, Father's Day; the 22nd was my birthday; and the 23rd was Jordan's 17th birthday. So John & Becky decided to have a "Triple Celebration" tonight at a restaurant. Jordan picked the place, the Cheesecake Factory in Overland Park.


We all arrived at about 7:00; Carole & I, John & Becky, John's Father & Mother, Frank & Bona Crowl, birthday girl Jordan, and two of John & Becky's other kids, Tyler & Madison. We were promptly seated at a large table in the back of the restaurant where we spent a long, long, long time looking at the menu. For those of you who have never been to a Cheesecake Factory restaurant, they have undoubtedly the largest menu and the widest selection of any restaurant, anywhere.


Everyone finally sorted through the massive number of menu selections and the waitress took our order. Our food was very quick in coming. I don't know how they can have that many items ready to prepare and serve so quickly, but all of our dinners were very good.




In the above picture, going around the table left to right, that's me the birthday boy, Carole, Madison, Becky, birthday girl Jordan, Tyler, John, Bona, and Frank.




This picture is me on my 78th birthday with Jordan Crowl, my granddaughter, on her 17th birthday. After dinner, management sent over birthday cheesecake to both Jordan & I. Boy, was it good!


We sat at the table and talked for a long time, filled our to-go-boxes, then surrendered the table and stood around in the lobby talking some more. We finally left the "Triple Celebration" at the Cheesecake Factory at about 10:00 PM . . . then went home for a night of heartburn. Why do I eat so much, so late?

No comments: