Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Golf with My Boys

For the first time ever, "my boys" and I played golf together. Greg, Steve, John, and I played 18 holes at Heritage Golf Course in Overland Park, Kansas. What a wonderful time we had.


After golf, we stopped by a watering hole and talked and laughed about the few good times we have had together. Greg, Steve, and John all talked about how today's round of golf reminded them of the time about 12 years ago when they played golf with Mark, Cindy's husband and my son-in-law, who died in a drowning accident some 11 years ago. They talked and laughed about the great time they all had back then. It was one of the few times the four of "my boys" had the opportunity to be together. We all miss Mark as well as Cindy.

It's too bad we can't get together more often. I guess the distances are too far, everyone is too busy, and life is just too short. So we must fully appreciate and enjoy the few opportunities we do have.

No comments: