Saturday, February 21, 2009

Yard Games

Today was a lazy day . . . temperature in the high 70's, little wind, and lots of sun . . . not a cloud in the sky! Nearly all of our neighbors were just setting around "vegetating" . . . with a beer in their hand. We needed some kind of action to get them out of their chairs.

So I got out the game of BlongoBall, set it up in the newly vacated lot next to us, and introduced many of our neighbors to a new game. They all caught on quickly and we had a great time "vegetating" while actually doing something. Those of you who are not familiar with "BlongoBall", just Google it.

When the newness of BlongoBall began to wear off, I dug out the sand bag toss game, set it up, and began teaching every one how to play another game. All of the neighbors enjoyed both "Yard Games" and we played until late in the afternoon.

Sorry, but I was so busy playing and Carole was so busy keeping score, I forgot to take pictures. But every one commented how much they all enjoyed the "Yard Games", so I'm sure we will do it again . . . and I promise to take pictures next time!

No comments: