Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Bingo

The only times I have ever played Bingo was with the kids when they were young. We had a Bingo game with cards, but, as I recall, we used beans or something like that to cover the numbers called. It was certainly amateur Bingo.

Once a week in the Rec Hall here in the RV Park, they play Bingo . . . a real professional type of game. A couple of neighbors were going to play Bingo tonight, so I thought this would be a chance for me to see and play a real Bingo game. I tagged along with them, bought four cards for a dollar and picked out a place in the Hall to set.




I picked up the routine quickly, even some of the weird configuration games the caller threw in. Both of the neighbors I accompanied won one of the games, but all I did was come close. And it's not like horseshoes, close doesn't count.

The caller had a knack for calling the number next to the one on my card . . . and when it took me a little longer to check my cards, he didn't wait on me!



But now I can say "I've played Bingo" in a real game, not just years ago laying on the living room floor with the kids at home.

I also found out my luck at Bingo is the same as my luck with slot machines or any other type of gambling . . . and just maybe explains why I never before got excited about Bingo!

No comments: