Friday, August 14, 2009

Weeding Party

While we were gone from home all Winter and most of the Spring, Carole's flower beds around the house grew out-of-control with grass and weeds. Since Carole's hips and knees have been bothering her, she has been unable to work in the flower beds. And I must admit pulling weeds is not my bag.

So I arranged with Kyle, my 17-year old grandson, to come out to our home in the country for a "Weeding Party". He worked pretty hard most of the day in 80-degree weather, then returned the following day with his 16-year old brother, Luke, and they both spent a few more hours finishing up the job.


Of course I paid them for their work, but as a result of their "Weeding Party", Carole's flower beds sure look a lot better. The challenge now is to keep them looking good.

Do you suppose I can get away with a few carefully applied applications of Roundup between the flower plants?

No comments: