Saturday, August 1, 2009

Farewell to Norm

Several days ago, one of my cousins, Norman Smith, passed away. We attended Norm's funeral and listened as Norm's oldest son was giving part of the eulogy relaying experiences with his Dad. We had to laugh when he said his Dad could whistle and pass gas louder than anyone he ever knew. Obviously, his comments eased the tension at the funeral . . . just the way Norm would have wanted.


As is often the case with such gatherings, this was an opportunity to see family members we seldom get to see. Pictured here are Ron (my brother) and I with cousins, left to right, Leila (Smith) Parks, Victor Smith, Willa (Smith) Thorp, me and Ron.

Norman Smith was the brother of Leila, Victor, and Willa. Their mother was my father's sister.


Rest in peace, Norm.

No comments: