Sunday, August 30, 2009

Gun Show

A "Gun Show" was held this weekend at the International Trade Mart in Overland Park, Kansas. Being a "gun nut", I had to go! Since Carole hates guns, she decided to let me go alone.

I was impressed by the numerous displays of guns of all types . . . antiques, muzzle loaders, rifles, shotguns, handguns, guns for hunting, guns for target shooting, guns for self-protection, tactical firearms . . . as well as ammunition, accessories, knives, and related clothing. It was truly an impressive array.
















I thought the show was open until 7:00 PM, but it was the last day of the show and it closed at 3:00 PM. I arrived late, so I really didn't have as much time to look around as I should have. However, I did see a number of guns I would like to have. It's too bad we're downsizing.

















I did buy a few boxes of ammunition, which is becoming scarce and very difficult to find at sporting goods stores or gun shops . . . but there was certainly no shortage of ammunition here.

Even though I didn't have much time to spend at this "Gun Show", I thoroughly enjoyed it. Next time I'm going early!

No comments: