Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Shuffleboard . . . Sport of the Retired

Retired people should continue to be active . . . to what ever extent they are able. Some are unable to do much running, walking, or climbing; so that rules out tennis and basketball. No wonder many retired people are attracted to shuffleboard.

 I'm still able to do a little jogging or walking, but while watching a shuffleboard game here in the Park, I had to sign up for the challenge of a shuffleboard tournament.



I dicsovered the courts here have been recently refinished and take some getting used to. I've never seen such slick shuffleboard courts. The pucks slide so easily they move like the stones in curling. So this kind of court was a new experience for me.

So far in the tournament, my partner and I are playing 500, having won 4 and lost 4. I don't think we're on track to win a trophy . . . but it has been fun.

No comments: