Saturday, November 7, 2009

Ron's Omelet School

My brother, Ron, has been known in our family circles as the "expert" in making omelets. Every time the family gets together near breakfast or brunch time, Ron is in the kitchen making omelets. I must admit, he does have the knack, skill or knowledge and makes really great omelets.

Since I was staying with Ron at his Modesto condo, I asked him for a lesson in omelet making. So on Saturday morning, before I was to leave to return to Sacramento, I matriculated into "Ron's Omelet School".



He said it was very simple, "Two eggs, two pads of butter, and two tablespoons of water." My comment was, "Ya, right! Easy for you to say!". There had to be more to it than that and I found out there is indeed more to it than that.

I was an attentive student making omelets under Ron's direction and supervision. Hooray! Before I knew it, I turned out a few very decent omelets. I found that there is definitely a knack to making omelets. But now that I have acquired the knowledge and been taught the knack, I only need to practice a little to develop the skill.

As a graduate of "Ron's Omelet School". I can hardly wait to show off my new talent.

No comments: