Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Hot Tomato

I prepared a nice dinner last night; scallops sauteed in butter with garlic and lemon, spaghetti with Alfredo sauce, steamed broccoli florets, and a fresh spinach & lettuce salad with grape tomatoes. After a couple of before-dinner cocktails, Carole was getting hungry and sat down at the table while I finished preparation.

The salads were already on the table and Carole began munching on her's. Suddenly she screamed, "These tomatoes are too spicy!", then spit it out and coughed and gagged for several minutes. When I realized what she had done, I couldn't contain myself.

Carole doesn't care for hot foods, so in addition to the grape tomatoes I included some red hot peppers in my salad, but not her's. She had eaten all of her salad, then snitched what she thought were more grape tomatoes from my salad . . . but unknowingly had picked up a red hot pepper.

Hopefully, that "Hot Tomato" will cure her from snitching my salad.

No comments: