Friday, November 19, 2010

My Lucky Day

All my life I have purchased raffle and lottery tickets . . . and never won anything. Well, maybe a buck or two once in a while on a powerball ticket . . . but that's it!

The closest I ever got to winning was over 50 years ago when I bought a couple of tickets to a Sportsman's Show in Neenah, Wisconsin. My wife decided not to go, so I invited a guy I worked with to go with me. As we approached the event, I handed him one of the tickets and during the drawing for door prizes, he won a new boat and outboard motor . . . and I never even got to ride in the boat!

Well, Lady Luck finally found me. My son, Steve, and I attended a Friends of NRA Event in Louisburg, Kansas, last night where numerous items were auctioned off along with a lot of raffle drawings . . . and my number was drawn for a Weatherby 12 ga pump shotgun!


Finally, after all those years, "My Lucky Day"! Of course, the ton of raffle tickets I bought couldn't have had anything to do with it. But by the time we got out of the Friends of NRA Event, it was too late to buy a lottery ticket or I might have won a lot more since this was "My Lucky Day".

No comments: