Friday, July 30, 2010

Eastbound Again


We can stay at home in Kansas only so long . . . although I am certainly speaking only for myself when I say that. Carole is a home-body and would prefer to stay at home rather than travel in "The Bus". Anyway, it was time to fire up "The Bus" again, which we did on Thursday.

We have family reunions in Indiana in August on both my side of the family and Carole's. My son, Steve, elected to ride to Indiana with us, then fly back home after the reunion while Carole and I stay in Indiana for a while. So we were "Eastbound Again" on our way to Northern Indiana . . . with a passenger, Steve.

We stopped overnight at our usual stop at the Moose Lodge in Iowa City, Iowa, where they have a few RV hookups and the members of the Lodge are always so nice to visit. We had dinner and a few drinks in the clubhouse, then walked back to "The Bus" for a good nights sleep.

The next day, we struggled through the rush-hour traffic across South Chicago, but arrived at the lakefront home of my niece, Sue Polly, and her husband, Dean, at about 6:00 PM. Dean and Sue have a nice grassy place for us to park "The Bus" and this will be the location of the Davis Family Reunion on Sunday. So this is also a convenient place for us to park, not to mention the opportunity to spend a little more time with family.

. . . and so ended our journey "Eastbound Again". We are "Back Home in Indiana" ( Carole and I were both born and raised in Indiana), and we are parked for a few days at Big Long Lake in Northern Indiana.

No comments: